Tuesday, February 19, 2008

just another manic monday

nothing big to report, yesterday it finally warmed up enough to get some snow. so it was nice to get a dusting of powder on top of the rock solid ice that has been a pain to drive on in the recent weeks. so, after school, im tying up ends, checking my email and my boss comes up to me with a helmet covered in stickers of skulls- "i'm snow machining you home today" and walks away.

a snow machine- snow-go- snow mobile- is the main mode of transportation in the winter around here. they costs about 1,000 bucks for a simple machine, and they can take you anywhere and everywhere-particularly where you can go with cars- between villages on the ice road, hunting for caribou, or to check your ice fishing nets & hooks. or to take your jv home from work. it was a quick ride across the tundra to my front door. hey, i had to get my kicks somehow because all of my roommates had off to celebrate the presidents. i, on the other hand, chose to honor them by teaching political science.

spirit fridays are still going strong, 2 weeks ago was "red, white and blue" day. because i would be on retreat- i had to electronically submit my costume- so i dressed up before we went and took pictures- all of these items, if not personally owned came from our house which has been pretty great when it comes to costume manufacturing...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

i should have been there for that spirit day...i would have done very very well


missing you mucho!

Anonymous said...

I think I need a "snow machine,snow-go, snow mobile" so that I can chase those pesky caribou out of the backyard. The only village I would snow mobile to would be The Village of Cross Keys to shop and unless there are Pepperidge Farm gold fish on the other end of my ice fishing net I am not checking them!

Oh course, since we get little to any snow that may be a problem.